Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Monday Night Blessing

Monday I spent all day at Dunkin Donuts, keeping my left foot up on a chair hoping my left foot would recover from being so swollen. It didn't help at all. At about 5 pm I started to do research on how to deal with the problem based on how my foot was looking. It was looking almost as bad when I had gone to the hospital.



Most info I found recommended I popped it, drain it completely and then put a band aid on it to let it heal. Over the course of a few hours I drained it 5 times, because it kept filling up and I couldn't understand why it was doing that. I left DD right before they closed and slowly walked to the next block and sat at a metal bench there.

I was reading a book on my phone when a Delray Police patrol car stopped right in front of me. I thought "oh no... I got my foot bare and now I'm in trouble for violating some city ordinance". Then I hear "Hey Luis! how you been?" and I see my buddy Joe, a friendly cop that I've known a few months. I had no seeing him in over a week.

He gets out of the car and we catch up with what had happened in the past few days. The Bethesda Hospital fiasco, the days spent at my ex's house, etc. Joe gets on the phone and then asks me if it would be ok if his girlfriend took at look at my foot because she is a medical assistant. Of course I said yes, thanking him,

She drives all they way from their home and 15 minutes later she is not only looking at my left foot, but treating it. She uses Joe's knife wearing surgical gloves and cuts open the blister then uses a triple antibiotic ointment, covers it with gauze and bandages it. On the spot she writes me a prescription which I could fill at Publix for free. Not only that, she gives me the ointment to keep as well.


It is people like Joe and his lovely girlfriend which strengthens my faith in God and in humanity in general. Joe gives me a hoodie before he leaves to continue his patrol.

So yeah, Monday night blessing indeed. I will post one more time to share the good day I had today.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

PS: Sorry about the length of the previous post, but there was a lot of stuff going on during those 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment