Tuesday, November 8, 2016

CROS Ministries and a Kind Pharmacist

The local soup kitchen ("The Caring Kitchen") is run by the CROS (Christians Reaching Out to Society) Ministries. At 11:30 besides serving lunch, the Director/Client Advocate helps those she can with resources and information she has.

It is thanks to her that I got my bifocal eye wear for free last month. My plan was to get lunch, then hit Walgreens to figure out what treatment I needed. When I got to the soup kitchen I figured I could ask the Director for help with my foot problem. I signed up the sheet for an appointment before I got my food. After eating I was called in to her office.

Explaining my situation she called a local pharmacy and then gave me two cards. The first to ask the pharmacy to give me one over the counter treatment. The second was the business card of the pharmacy.



It had been painful just getting to the kitchen. It took me an hour to get to the pharmacy using the free trolley to take me to Atlantic and Congress, I then walking the rest of the way. Fortunately the owner was there and I got a consultation with him. Showing him exactly what I had, he suggested Clotrimazole (anti-fungal) cream and Hydrocortison (anti-itch) cream. Without any hesitation he gave them to the cashier and just said "caring kitchen" and walked behind the counter. 


I thank them and walked out. It took me another hour to reach the library, where I picked a table way in the back so I could be out of sigh from most people. I removed my sneakers and socks carefully without being noticed. Stealthily I applied one treatment, waited 10 minutes and then applied the second cream. It's not uncommon for people to be barefoot at the library. However I'm very cautious about giving the wrong impression to library staff.

While I relax I'll be watching the latest episode of Critical Role which is my favorite Geek & Sundry Twitch show. I've been a fan of the D&D live show almost since it started. There was another Twitch show that I also followed, the D20Babes Twitch show from Canada. Unfortunately they are on hiatus.

Yes, I'm a homeless geek/nerd, I'm guilty. I'll be here another hour then slowly head to Dunkin Donuts. Not sure if I want to post again, watching CR distracts me from the pain and itch, but even sitting still it is very uncomfortable. I may not post again today.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment