Sunday, November 20, 2016

A flat, hot food and sex at Dunkins

At the end of yesterday's post I was in a hurry to get on my bike to ride to the Methodist church that gives food for the weekend.

To my surprise, I realize that the front tire is flat. It gives me a bad feeling, because my original bike (Huffy Beach Cruiser) had been messed with, someone kept puncturing the tires before it was stolen. I'm not sure if this is happening again; it could be coincidence. I hope that it is.

My Huffy Beach Cruiser that was stolen weeks ago.

I left all my stuff at Dunkin Donuts (they let me do that on occasion when I need to go somewhere) and started my walk to the church. My feet are better, but I've been avoiding walking unless necessary. Food falls under "necessary", heh.

Because I had foolishly counted on the bike getting me to the church quickly, I ended up reaching the church late. There wasn't much left. Then I was told they were serving warm food inside, thank God.


They don't serve warm food, but I guess because Thanksgiving is coming and they had no plans to serve that day, they did it yesterday. It was a good breakfast/lunch. A few of the guys I know from the soup kitchen were there. One of the homeless females I know had a black eye, she told me in breaking up a fight a few days ago, she got an elbow to the face. Unfortunately stuff like that is common when hanging out with people who drink too much.

I learned to be friendly and helpful when I can, while at the same time keeping a safe distance. Nobody has ever even raised their voice at me, and I've been in Delray for almost half a year now.

After thanking those who had served the food, I walked back to DD with the food I was able to get. It was just enough to cover me for the weekend.

I ended up falling asleep for a few hours at my booth inside DD. I woke up around 5 pm. to find myself dragged into a chat with the staff about... how can I say this...sex and "back door" etiquette so a female does not feel pain. I can be open about my personal experiences regarding intimacy as long as it's with people I know; not in front of total strangers.

Of course there were no customers in the store at the time. Keep in mind these are young men, 18 and 21 years old and I'm 47 which is why they discussed it with me. I won't mention the details, just that it was informative.

At 8 pm I left DD and went to Starbucks where I spoke with Kody, who is a sweetheart and one of my favorite Baristas there. My unofficial role of Life Coach there has gained me some good relationships with the staff.

I caught up on some Star Wars Rebels and Ash vs Evil Dead thanks to the WiFi there and being able to coughtorrentcough. I'm homeless, but that hasn't change the geek/nerd in me. I changed the bandage of my left foot after I left Starbucks at midnight and it looks better.



Saturday started with a flat tire, and ended up with my foot looking better. It was a good day. I've been at DD all day today, so nothing of note to write about.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment