Sunday, November 6, 2016

Car Wash Sunday

Today at 10 am I'll be helping at a Car Wash Fundraiser. The money being raised is for Diana, a lovely girl that works at Starbucks, for furthering her education. She has always been kind and generous to me so when she asked me a few days ago if I could help her, I said yes.

I'm not sure what I can do there, besides moral support; but I'll be there because I gave my word that I would be.


Since last night I've felt pain at the arch of my right foot which makes it very uncomfortable to walk. After some research I believe I have Plantar Fasciitis. The cause is probably the construction work I had this week.


My job was to carry heavy loads of concrete, dirt and other debris with 2 buckets that I filled and emptied at the dumpster nonstop for hours. I'm guessing most of the time I was carrying at least 50 lbs each trip and I did that for 9 hours in 2 days.


It hurts to walk but after not working for weeks, the pain is worth it. Monday I'm going back to the construction site to help pouring concrete. I'll just pretend nothing is wrong, I can't afford to not work if I'm to get off the streets.


Someone suggested Gofundme, so with some assistance I made a campaign. My expectations are low, but who knows. Maybe a few kind people could give me a hand; it's all in God's hands.


Right now I'm hoping that the problem with my foot doesn't get worse. If I get more work after Monday I may be able to afford having it checked out. I need to ask someone to hold my stuff while I go to the Car Wash Fundraiser for Diana. I'll post later today.


May you walk in the light of God.


Sincerely.


Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment