Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Mr. Robot and Another Cold Night

Yesterday I finished watching the second season of Blindspot which ended in a cliffhanger. Next episode will come out in January, maybe by then I'll have my own place to watch it at. One can dream right?


Last night it was also cold, so I used my towel to cover my legs, then the blanket on top to cover me head to toe. It work pretty good and I didn't feel as cold. I didn't wake up once during the night.

However now I've got a sore throat and my back hurts. My ex told me yesterday that she was going to pick me up today, so I can spent Thanksgiving with them. Not sure if it will happen, last Sunday she was unable to pick me up. I hope she is able to get me, I'd love to take a hot shower and take a nap on her sofa.

Her family is kind, far better than the family I used to have. I'm better off sleeping on the streets than sharing a home with people I can't trust. On occasion I remember that I once had a niece, a nephew, a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law.

I helped in raising the kids with my wife, doing their homework with them, gave them advice, made sure they ate and would clean up after them. My brother and sister would ask for my help with anything computer related. After my wife died we had to move; and I pretty much loaded and unloaded the entire moving truck on my own. I think that sometimes they saw me as a beast of burden rather than a relative.

My suicide attempt got me kicked out of the family. I wasn't doing drugs, I only drank alcohol once in a while and never got drunk. I was a good brother and uncle. One mistake and I was thrown away like garbage. I try not to think about it, because it still hurts.

Being homeless, the priorities are very basic. Find food, bathroom access, find work, safe spot to sleep. Simple, yet not so simple. Best change the subject.

Last night at Starbucks I started watching Mr. Robot and it's interesting. going to start watching episode 4 in a few minutes. As I was writing this post, she called. My ex is on her way to pick me up.


This will be the first Thanksgiving in 15 years which I do not spend with my wife's family. Looking forward to it.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment