Friday, November 4, 2016

Good Morning!

I need to consolidate things a bit, so instead of posting on Facebook, I will use this blog and then share it on social media.

Yesterday, after 2 weeks of not getting any work, I worked for 6 hours at a construction site!

I was so happy to earn some money, specially now that I'm trying to save $350 to move out west and the $375 that I have over my head due to court fees. Also my cell service will go out in a few days if I don't pay the $30 to renew it for another month.

The $350 is an estimate of a Greyhound ticket plus cost of food. As to how I ended up with $375 in court fees, long story.

You can see the ugliest mug shot of me here. I got arrested over an unpaid ticket from years ago, and I have not driven in about a decade!

At the time I'd give my whole paycheck to my wife, and on the rare occasion I got a ticket I'd make sure to let her know so she could pay it. I recall only getting 4-5 of them during the years that I drove. She must've missed one.

I get arrested for failure to appear and after spending a night and part of the next day in jail, I faced a judge. He gave me two options. Pay $200 and settle things, or he can throw it out (which sounded great for a whole 2 seconds) and instead have a year to pay $375 in court fees and admit guilt.

Without much of a choice since I didn't have $200 (or even $10 at the time) I had too agree to the $375. The public defender didn't mention anything about community service. If it wasn't for a nice cop that told me about that option weeks later, I wouldn't even have thought about it.

I've been trying to get it changed but the Public Defender's office seems to be giving me the runaround.

The good news is that once I settle it, either with $375 or community service, I still won't have a criminal record. Thank God.

I talked to the guy who hired me yesterday and he may need me a few hours today, with any luck it will be a few hours.

After I settle my court fees I'll have to figure out how to remove my mugshot from the interwebs, it makes me feel dirty just by looking at that page.

That's all for now, I will try to update this blog as often as possible. I will continue to post videos and pics on Facebook.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment