Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Awesome Tuesday!

After having a rough few days, I woke up Tuesday morning at 7 am. My day started in awesome mode. Thanks to Joe's girlfriend my foot was in much better shape. I had overslept a bit, which usually would bothers me, but not today.

I was able to put weight on my left foot. I checked the bandage and noticed that I would probably need to change it. I kept my foot up while I was trying to decide if I should go to the soup kitchen for breakfast. I also needed to go to Publix to get my prescription filled.

At 8:45 am I asked the manager at Dunkin Donuts (who is a nice Latina that knows my situation) if I could leave my duffel bag for a few hours. She kindly agreed and I left it at the store. I got on the Bike that my ex's husband had given me (yeah that happened too).

I was riding it carefully wearing slippers that my ex's father had given me last weekend. It was far better than the Huffy Beach Cruiser that has been stolen from me weeks ago. This baby is a 21 speed ride.

Reaching the soup kitchen a little after 9 am I ate breakfast. A few friendly homeless guys that know me asked me where I had been, so I filled them up a bit on the crazy days I had gone through. I gave a hoodie and a long sleeve shirt to 2 of them, I had brought them because I had a bit too much to carry in the duffel bag.

Talking to one of the women that work at the kitchen, I asked for some gauze and bandages and fortunately she found some. I thanked her and then left the kitchen and rode straight to the park across the Delray Courthouse. There I changed my bandage and finally saw what Joe's girlfriend had done (skip if you don't want to see it).




After I finished I rode to the nearest Publix to find out it didn't have a Pharmacy. I had to ride to another Publix but I didn't care, the minor discomfort was worth it. I got the prescription filled at no cost to me, I thanked God for this blessing.



By the time I was riding from Publix back towards Dunkin Donuts it was almost Lunch time. I had not been on a bike in weeks; the gel seat helped a bit but still my read end was asking for a short break.

I stopped a few minutes to talk to a homeless guy I know, who had been arrested Monday night for throwing a brick at the Trolley (yeah, that happened) while drunk. Apparently the driver refuses to pick him up because a while ago they had gotten into a verbal altercation where racial slurs had been exchanged. Crazy things like that happen often unfortunately. I told him to try and get sober up. Hopefully he will try, sober he is a completely different person.

Riding my bike I made it in time for lunch time at the soup kitchen. Right after I headed to DD and stayed there until 7 pm. I walked over to Starbucks with my backpack and duffel bag with only minor discomfort on my left foot.

My buddy Diana was there and she gave me a passion tea lemonade with mango and raspberry to try out.


It was delicious. So here I am, enjoying the end of my awesome Tuesday. I'll head out to my spot at 11 pm, when they close. Oh yeah I also got this.


That will be my breakfast for tomorrow. Thank God for good people.

Ok that is all for today, good night.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment