Friday, November 4, 2016

Haircut for the Homeless

A few days ago Kenny, who works at the Dunkin Donuts I hang out every morning said he would hook me up with a haircut today, and he made good on his word.

I went to Supercuts and got myself a nice haircut. Here it is before and after.



It feels good to look less homeless. It doesn't change the fact that I will be sleeping on cardboard tonight, but it does make me feel more human. The lady that cut my hair said I looked 40 (I'm 47) so that also helped. Most homeless look older than than their real age unfortunately due to having a rough time surviving. Let me end this on a good note.

The guy who hired me yesterday couldn't give me work today, but he did tell me that Monday he will probably need me. I'm sore from the construction work I did and I would love to be in pain every day as long as it's from an honest's day work.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment