Friday, November 18, 2016

Why reveal so much?

Good morning. Today someone asked me "why reveal so much about yourself? aren't you scared someone may throw some things back at you?".

My answer was more or less as follows. "Hell yeah it is scary to write a blog sharing parts of my life that either I'm not proud of, or things which are deeply personal. However since recovering from my suicide attempt, I see the point forward from that event as my second life. When I was younger either I was too stupid to listen to advice, or there was no advice available. By sharing what I've gone through, good and bad experiences, I hope that someone out there can learn from it and perhaps avoid some of it."

Nobody is perfect, we are imperfect humans. We're bound to fuck up, and sometimes in a big way. Even with family, friends and professional help. It is impossible to live a perfect life without pain and suffering, But we can learn from others, to avoid or lessen any damage we may do to ourselves or others. We do things physically, emotionally, financially every day and it doesn't take much (trust me on this) to end up in the gutter somewhere.

Yes, "Letters of my Life" is a blog about my life experience, but it would be impossible to write about every single good and bad thing that I've ever experienced. I try to cover the things that made a mark. Things which were so significant that I still remember them. Of course I also remember things were of little consequence that I may mention to balance things a bit. Humor does help cope with things.

If I can help one person avoid some pain or experience some love in their life, then that makes it all worth it. To me is also a form of therapy (when I was in the psych ward I was told by a psychiatrist that writing about things helps a lot).

My other blog is the "Homeless Survival Guide", it provides information based on personal experience and research to help those who are either on the brink of becoming homeless, or already are. Other homeless and people that volunteer at soup kitchens/churches have given me very valuable counsel, that helps me survive every day.

I do fear that revealing some personal aspects of my life may make it hard or maybe even impossible to find love again. But...

"I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela

I believe that the most powerful force in all existence is Love, and God is Love. So I have every intention of overcoming the fear whenever it shows it's ugly head.

To change the topic real quick. Last night's Critical Role had a funny start with Sam Riegel being trolled by Lootcrate. Unfortunately Starbucks closed at 11pm and then I had no decent WiFi available, so I'll catch the replay next Monday.

Have a great day.

May you walk in the light of God.

Sincerely.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment